Saturday, April 25, 2009

A timeless moment

I had gone on a trip recently with my family.. to Kodaikkanal and Thekkadi..
After a gap of many many years, I think after high school.., I rode on a bicycle around the Kodaikkanal lake.

Initially, I had no confidence.. and no cycle balance either.. I literally zig-zagged across the road twice or thrice almost colliding against the compound walls on the sides of the road..
And then, my cousins told me to pedal fast and try cycling faster..

So, I pedalled hard.. the cycle moved forward and I knew I was moving straight.. but as soon as I realized this, my hands began to wobble.. and I stopped.

Encouraged by my good cousins, I tried once more and pedalled madly..
It was around 6 pm or so.. late in the evening.. there was a cool breeze... and the air was cool.
And a slight drizzle to top it.. a scenic view..
The whole world seemed beautiful.. and in my mind there was nothing else, but me on my bicycle..
The joy of cycling.., with the wind on my face.. and a moment that seemed to have no tomorrow..
I felt I was out of my control..., but I felt no apprehension..
Infact, I enjoyed it all the more..

There was no past.. there was no future..
There was nothing.. and no one... but the silent Kodaikkanal lake, the winds... a kind God.. and me, and my bicycle.
It was one moment.. which seemed to extend onto infinity.. a moment which I enjoyed thoroughly.

I remember shouting out at the top of my voice "I loved it.. I loved it!!!".. and I felt I were a child again with my spirits sky high.. and the cup of joy filled to the brim and overflowing.

A simple moment... a timeless moment.

2 comments:

Ranjith said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it